Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Interviews and makeup

Came back from an internship interview today! It was for the company that I thought I was rejected after the phone interview, so yay! FINALLY. The interview went well. I have no idea if "this interview is just a formality" means I got the internship or what. I'm just excited that it went well.


Makeup for the interview. I figured that since the company is considered a tech company, I could get away with not wearing a suit. I wore black flats (borrowed from my sister... they're so cute I am considering buying my own pair that looks similar), black knee length pencil skirt, white collared shirt, and a tan argyle sweater. Hair in a low bun, and minimal eye makeup (as in, highlight powder under brows). I just have on some tinted moisturizer, blush, tinted lip balm, and filled in my brows.

To be honest, I'm not crazy about wearing eye makeup to interviews, especially as a monolidder. Unless I'm working retail, most of the time I'm not wearing much eye makeup... if at all. My glasses do all the work! I spend lots of time picking out interesting frames, since I wear them daily. Since I favor bold frames, I find that wearing the typical slightly smoked eye competes with the frames a little bit and ends up not looking clean cut. 

Which brings me to another point: I'm not really a huge fan of wearing a smokey eye to an interview, even if that is standard and it looks really pretty for monolids. There's nothing wrong with it, it's just not for me because I personally just feel uncomfortable with it. Most of the time I'm not satisfied with how it turned out, and if I twiddle with it too much... all of the sudden it looks too much. It just brings too much unnecessary stress to the interview preparation, so I don't bother. Anyways, I don't think it's detrimental to have simple, clean makeup and wear simple, clean, professional clothing to interviews, unless you're interviewing in a field that's heavily involved with makeup. 

Anyways, my dog is at the vet today for her checkup and she pooped EVERYWHERE because she KNEW she was going to the vet. I always thought that it was funny that Garfield and Odie hated going to the vet, but I never thought that it was based on anything real.


Molly! Can't wait to see you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment