Thursday, June 13, 2013

Today I had a short date to San Francisco to eat at one of our favorite restaurants. I'm pretty much done eating for the day because I ate so much, but it was a glorious experience that I forgot to take a picture of.

We attempted to walk off lunch by going to Japantown, and I got to look around the much hyped Liz Lisa store and sort of felt... like I wasn't fashionable or young enough to wear anything in there. But more, I felt out of my environment. I don't do well with cute. I like cute things, but generally the biggest problem I have with cute is that it's not black, it doesn't look clean or post apocalyptic or minimalist to me, and I'm overall just not comfortable dressed that way. I'm perfectly sure that it looks fine on me, but I don't think it's my look.

It's kind of the reason why I don't dress hyper feminine with soft pinks and ruffles. It's not that I'm uncomfortable with my femininity, but I just don't feel feminine wearing those things. I feel like I'm dressing much younger than I look, and that I look dumb wearing so many frills and so much pastel and not showing off my waistline.

Kind of a weird thought, because I have felt this way since high school. When will I ever be able to comfortably wear cute J fashion and K fashion clothes? Probably never, because I just don't have that young, cute image of myself in my brain and I feel uncomfortable trying to fit that image.

I appreciate cute fashion. I just don't feel comfortable wearing it myself, I honestly do wish I can pull it off and feel comfortable in it, but I'm okay with keeping to my current style... which I guess is no style right now.

Cute gyaru girls, stay cute. I love appreciating and respecting your cute and high maintenance style.

I guess I should break out from my jeans-tshirt-hoodie rut right now and attempt to look a little more presentable when I go out. This look is getting kind of old.

2 comments:

  1. No, that's totally amazing that you don't try to fit the generic stereotype of certain asians. More props to you, bro. I wish more people were like you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I don't try because with that money spent trying to fit in, I could have gone out or bought clothes from a brand I love and actually want to support. Trying to fit in is a waste of time in my opinion, especially if you feel so meh about it!

      Delete