Thursday, June 13, 2013

Vacation Planning

Today was mostly running errands and going shopping for my Vegas trip next week.



I tried on this dress at Express and I have to say: I really like purple, and I love maxi dresses. For some reason I naturally turn to royal blue, indigo, or purples and it's probably because it works with my skin and hair coloring. I want to buy a hat and some cute sandals, but overall turned up empty-handed. I'll probably end up making my maxi dress from some lightweight cotton indigo fabric my boyfriend gave me a few months back. 


To be honest, I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to it or not because EDC week is a huge pain with all the people and traffic and inflated prices. I don't like seeing girls under 21 walking around in bras, tutus, and fluffies and I definitely don't like seeing guys with their bro tanks. In general, I'm just hating hard on all the rave bandwagoners, especially since when I was in high school it was considered way uncool to listen to electronica.

Although, it is nice that electronica is easier to access now. I guess I have to stop being grumpy and actually enjoy it being mainstream. But I swear, if I hear people keep talking about how they need to get fit for EDC or their next rave, I might lose it because I'm so tired of hearing about it. Plus you're all reminding me that I need to lose 20 pounds for my Double H cosplay with my friend, who weighs waaaaaaaay less than me at the same height.

My friends and I have been doing some light planning for Vegas, and they want to hit up a new nightclub called Hakkasan. Doing a quick look-over on the reviews kind of made me feel wary of the place. It's not gorgeous, you can smoke in an enclosed space, no in and out privileges, and you *have* to pay for a small bottle of water at $10?! It already doesn't impress me. The prices definitely don't help.

Whatever though. If I learned anything about Vegas, your experience is determined by how much money you spend, how much everyone gambles and their outcome, how much alcohol you drink without getting kicked out, and what you eat. Oh, and your company.

Probably the most significant part of my day was getting Costco pizza, then finding out they got our order wrong. It's my fault that I never check on the pie, but the half cheese-half combo mistake they gave us was pretty good. I forgot what a plain cheese pizza tasted like, and Costco's was nothing short of fabulous. We ate a good three quarters of the entire pie, and I'm pretty sure that the cheese pizza was the first to go. 

1 comment:

  1. I feel like raves are becoming the next rising trend...

    ReplyDelete